Plumbing (Level 2) at Central College Nottingham
This course allows you pursue a career as a plumber.
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and procedures within Building Services Engineering
- Understand and demonstrate fundamental electrical installation operations
- Understand and demonstrate fundamental refrigeration and air conditioning operations
- Understand and demonstrate fundamental heating and ventilation operations
- Understand and demonstrate fundamental plumbing operations
- Understand and carry out safe working practices in Building Services Engineering
- Understand how to apply environmental protection measures within BSE
- Understand how to apply scientific principles within MES
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-D including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 1 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-D
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-D, we may accept one of them at Grade E in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-D. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
Each unit is continually assessed. You will present evidence of competence via practical assessments, theoretical tests and production of a high standard personal portfolio.
City and Guilds Plumbing Level 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.