English Literature - AS/A Level at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like to study a range of literary texts? Are you looking to develop skills of critical analysis and appreciation? This course allows you to examine important works of literature from across a broad period of time. It also develops your skills as an informed, independent reader and critic of literary texts. So, if you are a keen reader and enjoy discussion, join the debate and study English Literature.
The course can be taken as part of a full-time programme of study, in conjunction with other AS/A Level subjects, or possibly with other Level 3 courses. Our staff will be very happy to help you put together a programme most suited to your needs. The course can also be taken on a part-time basis by mature students.
The course is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Classroom learning
- Analytical reading and writing
- Independent research
- Group work
- 5 GCSEs grade C or above to include Mathematics and English and at least a grade B in GCSE English or English Language or English Literature. Specific additional entry requirements will be discussed with you at interview.
- Consideration will be given to mature students without recognised qualifications.
- Entry onto the full A Level is based on your performance at AS Level.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The course is assessed as follows:
- External examinations are taken in June each year
- LT2 and LT3 provide coursework opportunities
Whether you gain the full A Level or just the AS Level, the course adds to your qualifications and helps you to progress. You will gain UCAS points and be able to apply for a range of Higher Education courses at many institutions, including Grŵp Llandrillo Menai. This includes degrees in English, Creative Studies, and other language subjects, as well as many other options.
The skills you gain studying English Literature will have a broad range of applications, useful on many undergraduate courses. You will also have improved your career prospects, and will have the option of progressing directly into employment in a range of contexts.Career opportunities
- University level course such as a Foundation or Honours Degree
- Continue with studies with a work-based qualification at the college
Programme code: 0014C03B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.