General Engineering Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
The course has been developed for school leavers with at least four Grade ‘D' GCSEs or candidates who wish to retrain for the engineering sector. With a broad overview of the key engineering areas such as; mechanical, manufacture, electrical, electronic, maintenance and energy, the course helps candidates make a calculated choice for engineering specialisation or progression to Level 3.
This course aims to give candidates the knowledge and skills required to start a productive and rewarding career in engineering.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- practical workshop sessions
- classroom sessions
- student centred work
- virtual learning environment (MOODLE)
- 4 GCSEs, with grade C or above (to include a Language, Maths and Science), or
- Engineering Level 1, or
- Equivalent qualifications and/or experience will be considered on an individual case basis.
- Places on the programme are subject to interview
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- time constrained assignment
- ongoing observation
- assessment of your practical work - multiple-choice tests
- written controlled assessments
Completion of this course gives a number of options for progression including a full-time Level 3 course in order to further develop your knowledge, skills and prospects.
Alternatively you could apply for an apprenticeship and complete a Level 3 NVQ on a day release basis.
Areas of Engineering available to you will include: manufacturing, maintenance, tool making and technical support. You will also have the choice of working in more specialised areas of engineering if you continue through further training. This is an industry recognised qualification that develops engineering knowledge and skills.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Electrical Engineering Level 3, available at Rhos-on-Sea
- Engineering (Electrical / Electronic Engineering) Level 3, available at: Bangor and Rhos-on-Sea
- Engineering (Engineering) Level 3, available at Dolgellau, Pwllheli and Rhos-on-Sea
- Engineering (Wind Turbine Maintenance) Level 3, available at Rhos-on-Sea
Apprenticeships, Technicians & Engineers in:
- CNC Programmer
- Power & Energy
- Wind Turbine
Programme code: 0401A02B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.