Design & Technology: Product Design AQA A Level at Kingdown School
What type of student is this course suitable for?
Those students that are both creative and who have an enquiring mind and for those students who would like to develop:
- A further understanding of design and technology developments.
- Practical and technical skills relevant to design and technology.
- Skills in problem solving through designing, research, modelling and product manufacture.
You will learn about:
- Materials and components including Traditional materials, Smart materials, Modern materials and Computer Aided Design.
- Processes and Manufacture including Fabrication, Finishing materials and Computer Aided Manufacture.
- Design and Market influences.
GCSE English grade (9-4) and Maths (9-5) plus 3 GCSEs at grades A*-C and a grade B at GCSE Design and Technology.
- 2 hr 30 mins at the end of year 13
- Technical Principles
- worth 30% of your final Grade.
- 1 hr 30 mins at the end of year 13
- Designing and Making Principles
- worth 20% of your final Grade.
Non –Examination Assessment (NEA)
- A substantial design and make project that will include a highly detailed design portfolio and a high quality product of your choice which will take around 45 hours to complete
- worth 50% of your final Grade.
You could continue with further study or careers in a number of Design related areas especially, Product Design, Graphic Design, Engineering, Architecture and Manufacturing Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingdown School directly.