Light Goods Vehicle Maintenance & Repair - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Easton & Otley College
This programme is designed for apprentices to gain and demonstrate the knowledge, skills and competencies required to work in the modern automotive service repair industry.
Suitable for: Those seeking or employed as trainee technicians/mechanics wishing to develop a career in the motor industry.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications, including:
- Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Mathematics & ICT
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
Course content includes
- Engine units and components
- Chassis systems
- Vehicle electrical and electronic systems
- Fault diagnosis
- Health and safety
- Skills for the automotive workplace
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Mathematics and ICT and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 2 vocational qualifications.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Apprentices successfully completing the Intermediate Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.