Supporting Teaching and Learning (Teaching Assistant) Level 2 First Diploma at Nelson and Colne College
This qualification is aimed at students wishing to progress into a classroom setting to support pupils’ learning, in roles such as teaching assistants, learning support assistants and special needs assistants. This qualification will provide you with the necessary skills to assist in supporting teaching and learning. If you are passionate about working with children and want to play a part in their education and wellbeing, this course could be ideal for you.
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Help improve own and team practice in schools
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Support learning activities
4 GCSEs at grade D or above including Maths and English or a Level 1 Diploma and Level 1 Maths and English
These units are assessed internally through a range of presentations, report writing, health campaigns, essays and professional interviews.
Upon successful completion of this programme, students can progress onto the Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification or into employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nelson and Colne College directly.