BTEC Level 3 Sport and Exercise Science at Ysgol Emrys Ap Iwan
This two year course is designed for students who are enthusiastic about sport but also have an interest in learning about the growing presence of sport and exercise science and its influence on sporting activity, studying sports psychology, sports nutrition, sports massage and injuries. This course is equivalent to 2 A Levels. This course can be combined with BTEC Sport lessons to achieve the Extended Diploma (equivalent to 3 A Levels.)
The course content includes:
- Anatomy for Sport and Exercise
- Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Research Methods for Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Research Project for Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Sport and Exercise Massage
- Sports Nutrition
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Coaching
By interview for YR12, to progress to YR13 some of the units must have been completed during YR12.
Coursework is continual assessment throughout the year based on assignments, presentations and practical observations, with no final external examination.
Further study at university.
There is also an option to study the practical units as vocational units to gain a professional qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Emrys Ap Iwan directly.