Computing Level 3 at North Notts College (NNC)
About this Course
This course is a general introduction to all aspects of computing professions. It will provide a wide introduction to the role of computers in the current digital age.
You will undertake a range of units in your first year which then can be topped up further in your second year.
By studying this course you will develop essential skills that will prepare you for many job roles or allow you to progress to studying computing at Higher Education level.
What will I study?
- Web production and management
- Software design and programming
- Computer networks and cybersecurity
- Mobile technologies
- Web server scripting
- PC repair and maintenance
What are the entry requirements?
- You should have a minimum of four GCSEs at grade C (to include English and maths), or a BTEC Level 2 in an appropriate subject at Merit or Distinction
- Other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
How will I be assessed?
- Assignment and course work
- Live client briefs
- Controlled assessments
- Informal exams
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01909 504500 for advice and guidance
What can I progress to?
- Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
- FDSC/BSC in Computing and Systems Development
- FDA/BA in Games Development
- Employment in any role that uses digital and computing technologies
Why study here?
- You will develop other skills such as employability and team working
- You will undertake work experience in real companies and participate in projects such as PC repair clinics and code club. Working on live client briefs will also be an essential part of the course
- You will be taught by industry professionals who will guide you on your journey to becoming a digital practitioner
- You will have access to our industry standard facilities which include
- HTC Vive
- 3D Printer
- Class Set of Raspberry PIs
- Private Network for server/client installations
- PCs for stripping and re-Building
- Arduino Microcontroller for robots and control systems
- Your work will be entered into national and global competitions
- Each year our students participate in field trips which have included visits to Bradford Media Museum, Gaming Events and Alton Towers
- You will also be required to study English and maths as part of your course if required
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.