French A Level at Marriotts School
During this course, you will read and listen to authentic foreign language materials and will study aspects of the contemporary society. You will extend and develop your knowledge of the grammar and vocabulary. You will learn how to be an effective communicator and use the language in a range of different situations and for different purposes.
This is an advanced level course in French, so you will be expected to have a GCSE at grade B or above. You will be interested in different cultures and keen to use a different language to understand and to communicate your own ideas and opinions to others on different topics and issues.
The examinations test you in the four skills of speaking, listening, writing and reading.
- Unit 1 – Listening and reading comprehensions and translation from French to English (40%)
- Unit 2 – Translation from English to French and grammar task. Written response to a work (film or literary text) (30%)
- Unit 3 – Speaking task to include French culture and an area of interest researched (30%).
- Apply to university to study the language
- Study this language and take up a second language at university
- Combine a language with another subject (e.g. business) at university
- Communicate with people from other countries
- Work abroad
- Work for a company with international links
- Improve your UCAS application for any subject.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Marriotts School directly.