Health & Social Care BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at The Grange School
This two year course is equivalent to three A Levels and is particularly appropriate for learners who are interested in progressing to a career within the Health and Social Care sector.
This course has been developed to allow students to pursue a career in Health and Social Care and associated fields such as healthcare, science and social work. Areas also include paramedic, occupational therapy, midwifery and NHS Practitioner Training Programme. This course enables students to choose units to combine areas of interest and their long-term career goals.
These courses also help with cognitive and problem solving skills, interpersonal skills and intra-personal skills.
During the two years of study you will work on a portfolio of units. You will also take part in targeted work experience placements of your choice which will develop specific work-related skills.
The course is made up of different units of study:
- Human lifespan development
- Working in Health & Social Care
- Anatomy and physiology for Health & Social Care
- Enquiries into current research in Health & Social Care
- Meeting individual care and support needs
- Work experience in Health & Social Care
- Principles of Safe Practice
- Promoting Public Health
- Infection prevention and control
- Physiological disorders and their care
- Nutritional health
- Understanding mental wellbeing
- Assessing children’s development and support needs
- Sociological perspectives
There are 13 portfolio units of which 8 are mandatory and 4 are optional.
There is one externally assessed exam and 3 of the mandatory coursework units are externally assessed.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Grange School directly.