Plumbing and Heating NVQ Level 3 Diploma at Intaplumb Limited
This industry recognised advanced qualification is aimed at those seeking a career as an Advanced Plumber or Heating Engineer and is the main component of the official 'Advanced Apprenticeship in Plumbing' framework.
It is aimed at those employed and working within the Plumbing and Heating sector as apprentices, mates or trainees and who are in possession of a Plumbing NVQ L.2 qualification. This qualification can only be achieved by learners gaining relevant 'on-site' experience within the industry.
The NVQ L.3 Diploma qualification at Intaplumb is programmed over an 24 month period, attendance is 1 day per week and courses start in September and January. The Intaplumb learning program consists of a mixture of tutor led practical training activities, structured knowledge based classroom learning and referenced assignment work.
The Level 3 Diploma qualification consists of 7 mandatory core units and a choice of optional fuel units. In order for a candidate to achieve the full Level 3 Diploma qualification, they will need to successfully complete all 7 core units + one of the optional groups of fuel units. (This could be influenced by the type of work carried out in the workplace)
Applicants must be:
- Qualified to NVQ Level 2 in Plumbing
- Fully employed within the Plumbing and Heating sector
- Approved by JTL after successfully completing the application process and aptitude tests
- Fully supported by an employer for the duration of the program
Upon successful completion of the C&G 6189 NVQ Level 3 Diploma, candidates can be accredited with:
- Unvented Hot water systems (Building Regs-Part G)
- WRAS Water Regulations qualification
- Alignment to 'Fuel' competency qualifications and registrations
(i.e. GAS SAFE - ACS Gas, OFTEC - Oil, HETAS - Solid fuel etc)
Upon successful completion of the C&G 6189 NVQ Level 3 Diploma, candidates can progress to:
- ACS Gas (Domestic) supply and appliance programmes
- Environmental Technologies, i.e. Solar hot water, Heat pumps & Rainwater Harvesting
- Other Competence Based industry qualifications
- BTEC HNC - Building Services Engineering
- NVQ Level 4 - Management qualifications
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Intaplumb Limited directly.