Introduction to Military Preparation NFCE Diploma Level 1 at Hugh Baird College
This short programme runs from September to December, with most learners progressing on to a level 2 qualification in January.
This course will assist and prepare suitable candidates to undertake the application and selection processes for military service.
You will also participate in military studies and practical military activities.
- The application to your chosen service (if you have not already applied)
- Math and English, if you have not already achieved a level 2 in numeracy and literacy or a GCSE grade C in Math and English language
- Personal fitness
- Communication skills
During the course you will be introduced to the following vocational areas, subject to confirmation:
- Occupation Studies Level 1 & 2
- Vehicle mechanics
- Fitness and sport
- Outdoor Activity Leadership Level 2
- Medically fit
- Eligible to join the Armed Services
- Have applied or will apply to join the Armed services within the first week of the course start date
16 - 18 Years: Free
- Royal Marines
If you are aged 16-19, this qualification will form a substantial part of your study programme. The study programme has been designed to ensure that young people are fully equipped and ready to move on to the world of work or higher level courses. In addition to your main qualification, will you also get the opportunity to undertake relevant and CV bolstering work experience out in your chosen industry. You will also be supported through maths and English qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.