Animal Care Level 2 Diploma at ProCo NW Ltd
This qualification is suited to learners who have some experience in the animal care industry and would like to develop their skills further.
The qualification allows learners to develop their underpinning knowledge of the subject whilst practising skills that could be used within employment in the animal care industry.
- Undertake work-related experience in the land based industry
- Introduction to principles and practices of animal behaviour and handling
- Introduction to animal breeds and grooming
- Contribute to the care of exotic animals
Level 1 Functional Skills (or equivalent) and experince in working with animals.
- Written assessments
- Practical assessments
To support progression and development each learner can apply for a bursary which is means tested and is dependent on attendance.
After completing this course learners may wish to progress onto a Level 3 Animal Management Study Programme or an apprenticeship.
After completing this course, possible career opportunities include:
- Pet shop assistant
- Veterinary care assistant
- Dog grooming assistant
- Animal welfare officer
- Animal boarding assistant
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.