Geography A-Level at Dallam School
The aims of the AS Level course are to:
- Encourage your interest in Geography
- Extend your knowledge, develop your skills of understanding, analysis and your written communication
AS Unit 1:
- Tectonic Processes and Hazards
- Water Cycle and Water Insecurity
- Carbon Cycle and Energy Security
- Glaciation or Coasts
AS Unit 2:
- Regeneration or Diverse Places
- Health or Migration
A2 Unit 3:
- Synoptic investigations based on a geographical issue
A2 Unit 4:
- Non-examined assessment: students to produce a 3000-4000 word written report based on an independent investigation
You should have achieved an A*-C grade in at least five subjects at GCSE level, It is desirable but not essential to have studied Geography at GCSE.
The AS/A2 level qualification is accepted as a qualification for university courses in all subjects. A Geography degree can lead onto careers in journalism, the Met Office, engineering, mapping, the armed services, the police force, management, architecture, advertising, business, teaching.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dallam School directly.