Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles Level 1 Diploma at Preston's College
This course is an ideal introduction to the light vehicle repair and automotive industry. You will study both theory and practical aspects covering the technical information you need to work in the industry. Through a range of projects you will develop the essential knowledge that service technicians need to work on light vehicles (cars and vans) in all types of garages, dealerships and maintenance workshops. Plus, to make sure you are employable after your course you are given the time to complete 36 hours of work experience so you can apply what you learn into a real work environment.
Units of Study:
– Light vehicle construction and routine maintenance.
– Operating principles of light vehicle engines, tyres, brakes, steering, suspension and systems.
– Operating principles and maintenance of light vehicle transmission systems and electrical and electronic systems.
– Health and safety in the workplace and customer service skills associated with working in a modern workshop environment.
A profile of mainly grade Es at GCSE including English and maths. You will be asked to attend an interview and assessment to evaluate your suitability for the course.
You will complete projects to show your skills and this will be part of your assessment. You will also complete practical tasks in the vehicle workshop, assignments and online multiple choice tests.
On successful completion of this course you can progress to a relevant Level 2 programme. Alternatively you may seek employment in the industry as an Apprentice.
The qualification is relevant to the following careers:
– Motor Vehicle Service Technician
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Preston's College directly.