Fitness / Gym Instruction Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Oneside Sports Education Limited
The level 2 in fitness instruction is the first step to a career in the health fitness industry. This unique course means you can choose your own specific pathway, to ensure your qualification is suited to you as a fitness instructor.
A fitness (or gym) instructor plays a fundamental role in any health club or gym. Being a Fitness Instructor is one of the most rewarding career choices available and the industry is booming, so it’s a great time to get involved.
With the right skills, qualifications and attitude to reach to the top and to stand out from the crowd we deliver the best possible training, we are renowned for our high quality and engaging tutors, trainers and assessors with extensive understanding of the industry ensures that our course is up to date and in line with sectors to meet evolving needs of the industry’s top employers.
An Age Grant is also available up to £1500 per candidate, aged between 16 -23 maximum of 10 to the employer.
You can choose what you wish to specialise in:
- Gym Bases Exercise
- Exercise to music
- Water based exercise
- Exercise and physical activity for children
Fitness instructing is a career choice requiring both considerable knowledge of the body and how it works and, above all, the ability to apply that knowledge within an exercise scenario. You will also need to be able to inspire and motivate others through effective and thoughtful communication.
On successful completion of this course you will be qualified to join the Register of Exercise Professionals as a Level 2 fitness instructor.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Health and safety
- Planning a fitness session
- Delivering a session
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (via internet methods) and 3 workshop sessions, plus a final assessment. This assessment can take place in either your local facility with a client, or you may attend our gym in Lancashire for your assessment.
Course Start and Duration
The course will take a minimum of 6 months, but you will have up to one year to complete the course. Courses have many start dates, but usually will be the first Monday of each month.
Coursework, a portfolio of written evidence, and practical assignment/demonstration
What you will receive
- Bespoke 1-2-1 tutorials and
- Wholesale discount on nutritional supplements from our Shop
- Unique reading aids, and learning material
- Upon passing the course, you will receive a qualification (accredited by Lifetime Awarding): Level 2 NVQ Certificate in fitness Instructor
- Must be aged 16 Years or Over
- Must be working in a paid environment within the fitness and health Industry
- Have A* – C in English and Maths GCSEs (if you haven’t gained a C or above in English and/or Maths we will put you through to do the Functional Skills in one or both subjects while your studying the course with us.
- You must not hold a degree in a similar discipline
- If doing the distance learning you will need access to a computer and the internet.
You can gain further qualification in undertaking the Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training, Level 3 Certificate in Sport Development or Level 3 Certificate in Leisure Management and get accredited qualifications to progress your career in the health and fitness Industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oneside Sports Education Limited directly.