Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMI Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Carshalton College
In the IMI Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair, you will learn about complex faults and how to diagnose and repair them.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a broad working knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage.
This course is suitable for anyone working a minimum of 16 hours per week paid employment in the motor trade
The framework consists of:
- IMI NVQ Level 3 in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Application of Number and Communication
- Functional Skills Level 2 in IT
Diagnosis and rectification of:
- engine and component faults
- chassis system faults
- auxiliary equipment electrical faults.
And offers opportunities for candidates to demonstrate:
- Diagnosis and rectification of vehicle transmission n and driveline system faults
- Overhauling mechanical units
- Inspecting vehicles
- Identifying and agreeing customer vehicle needs
- Training others through demonstration and instruction
GCSE Maths and English grades A-C, and to have successfully completed a level 2 programme.
You may be asked to demonstrate your commitment and skills in an interview.
If you don't have the required entry qualifications there will be an opportunity for you to demonstrate your abilities to undertake the course.
This course currently incurs no fees for 16-18 year old students.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton College directly.