Hairdressing Colour Technicians Level 3 Diploma at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
The course provides you with the opportunity to gain experience and obtain a vocationally related qualification (VRQ) Level 3 in Hairdressing. This is a professional qualification that covers all aspects of hairdressing with a heavy emphasis on colour correction. This is a comprehensive and demanding course.
Mandatory units (37 Credits):
- Unit 302: Monitor and maintain health & safety practice (4 credits);
- Unit 303: Consultation support (3 credits);
- Unit 305: Style and dress hair using a variety of techniques (7 credits);
- Unit 306: Colour hair to create a variety of looks (11 credits);
- Unit 410: Hair colour correction (12 credits).
Optional units (minimum of 17c redits):
- Unit 205: Promote products and services to clients (3 credits);
- Unit 304: Cut women's hair to create a variety of looks (8 credits);
- Unit 310: Make and style a hair addition (7 credits).
You will need a full level 2 qualification or equivalent and be required to attend an interview and provide a good reference from school or your workplace. You would be required to sit an online target skills test prior to enrolment, as well as attending a Skill Scan Workshop session. We expect excellent attendance and punctuality throughout your course.
Assessments are continuous throughout the year. You will be required to produce a portfolio containing evidence of practical and theory work. You will also be required to have a salon placement alongside the course. You will also need to complete online exams for each unit.
You can progress onto a Foundation Degree in hairdressing and salon management.
Having completed the course, employment can be gained in a variety of salon settings including cruise liners, television, health farms and spas, hotels and theatre.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.