Social Media Level 3 Apprenticeship at Kendal College
This qualification recognises the rapid growth of social media as a business tool and has been developed to support learners wishing to enter this new environment. The two pathways for Marketing and Technical aspects of Social Media will recognise the skills and knowledge required by a learner to be effective in their chosen career.
The Level 3 Diploma assesses learners to ensure they understand social media as a competitive business tool and how this tool can be utilised proactively and constructively. The diploma includes units to cover a range of knowledge and skills to fully understand the impact and power of social media and how to utilise this resource.
To achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Social Media for Business - Generic Pathway, learners must achieve 24 credits from the mandatory units, plus a minimum of 18 credits from the optional units.
There are 4 mandatory units that candidates must complete:
- Principles of Social Media within a Business
- Principles of keywords and optimisation
- Social Networking Management for a business
- Using collaborative technologies
- Use digital and social media in marketing campaigns
- Imaging software
- Video software
- Website software
- Web fundamentals 49
- Content Management System website creation
- Creating and optimising content for the Web
- Principles of Mobile Social Media for a business
- Principles of Social Media advertising and promotion
- Understanding Customer Relationship Management for creative business
- Communicating using digital marketing / sales channels
- Website software
Learners need to have some prior experience of Social Media and the tools/channels used to promote business as this is not a course for a complete beginner. As this is a Level 3 course learners will need to be able to demonstrate a very good standard of written work in order to produce the work required i.e. GCSE English A-C or above.
You must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in the professional area that your Apprenticeship is in (if you are looking for employment see below for information).
Entry criteria will be applied at the discretion of the course leader.
Looking for employment?
- Email email@example.com
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not on NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
Assessment takes places on an ongoing basis throughout the duration of the course. Learners will produce examples of work which will be used as evidence and uploaded into an online E-portfolio as well as be assessed by the tutor in the work place. Alternatively they may elect to sit set assignments. As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
On completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate their ability to use Social Media as a business tool and can aim to gain employment in the following:
- Social Media Assistant
- Social Media Consultant
- Social Media Analyst
- Digital Account Assistant
- Digital Marketing Assistant
Learners will also gain the skills and knowledge required to progress to further qualifications in Marketing, Business, IT Professional, Media and PR.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kendal College directly.