Engineering Certificate Level 1 at East Berkshire College
The aim of this valuable course is to develop your basic skills and knowledge to allow you to progress into a career in the Engineering Industry or to a higher level course.
The programme comprises modules involving practical work and essential knowledge related to engineering.
- There are no formal entry qualifications although you will be required to take a College assessment.
- Enthusiasm for engineering will need to be demonstrated at interview.
The course comprises workshop-based activities supported by classroom study and assessment will depend on the study stream the student is matched to, and gaining unit merits along the programme to achieve the various learning aims.
After taking the Level 1 qualification, you could move on to a Level 2 Engineering course.
This qualification can help you to progress in a wide range of engineering roles including:
- Engineering operative
- Engineering maintenance technician
- Foundry moulder/core maker
- Mechanical engineering technician
- Sheet metal worker
- Toolmaker/machine setter
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.