Floristry (Land-based Studies) Diploma Level 1 (Next Steps) at Guildford College
Introductory course developing a broad range of practical skills and knowledge suitable for those who want a basic introductory course in floristry.
- Merrist Wood has been a land-based training establishment in Surrey for over 60 years with a flourishing floristry department for the last nineteen
- Training from Level 1 to Level 5 under the guidance of highly motivated master florists
- Specially designed floristry studios
- College nursery producing a wide range of plants
- Instruction in professional floristry skills and floral design by highly qualified tutors with relevant industry experience
- basic floristry tasks
- producing a range of designs
- identifying cut flowers
- foliages and plants
- safe and effective working practices
- developing performance
- and functional skills.
GCSE grades D-G in English preferred. No other formal requirements.
Ongoing practical assessment, written tests, portfolio of evidence and an online City & Guilds multiple choice test.
Floristry Diploma Level 2, upon achievement of a merit or distinction.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Guildford College directly.