Health & Fitness - Level 3 Diploma (Personal Training & Sports Massage) at Redcar & Cleveland College
This diploma is made up of 5 different Qualifications. As standalone qualifications they are all recognised by industry, but together as a Diploma they are highly valued by local employers, and will make the learner extremely employable, the qualifications include :
- Certificate in Personal Training – A very hands on practical Qualification, that teaches learners how to plan and deliver safe & effective personal training sessions, practical work experience in the college gym and working with players from the FDC and integral part of the course. A qualification that is highly valued by local employers.
- Certificate in Sports Massage – A very practical qualification which teaches the learner the fundamentals of dealing with Sport Injuries and Sport Massage techniques, involvement with players from FDC Pre/Post match treatments.
- Award in Designing Pre & Post Natal Exercise Programmes – A highly specialised qualification valued highly by industry, it teaches the student how to screen and prescribe Pre/Post- Natal exercise programmes – all programmes are based on scenarios and case studies.
- Award in Instructing Kettlebells – A very popular qualification that has become a must on any personal trainers CV! Very practical qualification teaching learners the fundamentals behind kettlebell training and the key exercises. Very good fun!
- Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults – A new qualification that is becoming more popular with employers, very specialised, it teaches learners about how to prescribe exercise for older adults – all programmes are based on scenarios and case studies.
This course is unique in that it will give you an outstanding chance of securing employment in the industry by gaining 5 different qualifications that on their own are highly valued by local employers. This gives you an incredible head start on your competition! Furthermore, all students who achieve this qualification are guaranteed an interview with Lifestyle Fitness. It is also a perfect access course to enable you to further your education by progressing onto the Foundation Degree in Sport & Exercise here at the College, whilst using your qualifications to secure employment in the industry.
- Candidates are advised to first achieve either the Level 2 Active IQ Certificate in Fitness Instructing or a comparable industry related qualification
- or alternatively be able to provide evidence of their knowledge gained (APL) at Level 2.
Learning comes from a predominately practical aspect with regards to the personal training, Sports Massage & Kettlebell qualifications. However even the more theoretical units are delivered with a practical theme, as we are aware that Sport & Fitness students are active individuals that generally learn by doing! You will put together a portfolio of evidence which includes question and answer sheets, training plans, reports and internal exams.
Learners are expected to purchase either the standard sports kit (hoodie, performance t-shirt and shorts) or the Football Development Centre academy kit (if applicable), not both. It is expected that this will be worn during all practical sessions that you participate in. Further details on what items to purchase, how to purchase, costings, sizes and colours will be made clear when you come to enrol on the course.
Secure employment in the industry, or progress into further education on the Foundation Degree in Sport & Exercise.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Redcar & Cleveland College directly.