Business Studies - AS / A level at Suffolk One
This course offers an insight into the world of business. Most of us have to work for a living and this course is the perfect opportunity to learn the basics of business. It will equip you with skills and knowledge that you will be able to use once you have left education. You will develop your skills in people and data management, finance and communication.
- An introduction to the aims and objectives of private and public enterprises, why do some businesses operate primarily to earn profit and others simply to provide a service?
- Functions of the entrepreneur - innovation/organisation and risk taking. What makes an Entrepreneur such as Richard Branson different psychologically from his peers?
- Features of various sources of internal and external funds available to business and their appropriateness for different circumstances. Businesses can be financed through loans, savings or venture capitalists....the correct term for the businessmen and women on the TV programme, Dragons Den
- Factors affecting business decisions about location - local, national and global. There are reasons as to why businesses choose their location very carefully. From jewellers on Bond Street London, to McDonalds on busy high streets or motorways
- The impact on businesses and their customers of rapid technological change. How has the internet changed the way we do business here in the UK and worldwide?
Grade C or above at GCSE in English Language and Maths are required.
100% examination - no coursework
Business Studies with its broad study base and balance of numerical and written skills, is an ideal foundation for the recruitment of students for managerial positions. A large proportion of students will also go onto university where Business Studies represents the largest single subject in the university sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Suffolk One directly.