Physics at Ryde Academy
A modern and relevant Physics course, clearly structured for flexible delivery, with an integrated and concise practical assessment model, to aid teachers and learners.
G481: Mechanics. Mandatory unit. 1 hour exam AS - 30% A2 - 15%
- Forces in Action
- Work and Energy
G482: Electrons, Waves and Photons. Mandatory unit 1 hour 45 mins written exam AS 50% A2 25%
- Electric Current
- DC Circuits
- Quantum Physics
G483: Practical Skills in Physics. Mandatory Unit. Internal assessment. AS 20% A2 10%
- This AS (practical skills) unit is teacher assessed and externally moderated by OCR.
- Learners are assessed on one task from each of the following categories: qualitative, quantitative and evaluative tasks
G484: The Newtonian World. Mandatory Unit. 1 hour written exam. A2 15%
- Newton's Laws and Momentum
- Circular Motion
- Thermal Physics
G485: Fields, Particles and Frontiers of Physics. Mandatory unit. 1 hour 45 minutes written exam A2 25%.
- Electric and Magnetic fields
- Capacitors and Exponential Decay
- Nuclear Physics
- Medical Imaging
- Modelling the Universe
G486: practical Skills in Physics 2. Mandatory unit. Internal assessment. A2 10%
- This A2 (practical skills) unit is teacher assessed and externally moderated by OCR.
- Learners are assessed on one task from each of the following categories: qualitative, quantitative and evaluative tasks.
BB or above in Science and B in Maths
20% coursework 80% Exam
You could take this course to complement other advanced level courses such as Chemistry and Biology , which could lead onto higher education in a science related subject or more general higher education courses. With further training, you could go into a job related to Physics such as Science Technician or Electronics Engineer. The course will also help you develop the skills, understanding and knowledge that many employers across lots of industries are looking for.
Careers in Manufactoring, Industry, engineering, research and Development, teaching and Lecturing can be pursued.
To find out more about this qualification, contact us, ask your school/college careers staff.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ryde Academy directly.