Dementia Care CG Certificate Level 3 at Cornwall College
This qualification is aimed at Health or health and social care occupational areas across all service user groups and ages, working in statutory (including NHS), private and voluntary agencies. This also includes;
- Senior health care/care assistants
- Senior support/key workers
- Senior family support workers
- Team leaders/first line supervisors.
- Managers and duputies of care settings
You need to complete all four mandatory units:
- Understand the process and experience of Dementia
- Enable rights and choices of individuals with dementia whilst minimising risks
- Understand and enable interaction and communication with individuals who have dementia
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care practice.
Plus six credits worth of the optional units making a total of 21 credits.
Assessment is by assignment and observation in the workplace. College sessions are provided.
You will need to have a basic prior knowledge of dementia and/or dementia care and a suitable role in a health / health and social care setting. You will need to have a level 2 qualification in dementia care.
You will need to attend an interview prior to being offered a place on the course.
Progression would be onto the health / health and social care Diploma.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cornwall College directly.