Creative Media Production EDEXCEL Certificate Level 3 at Cornwall College
Ideal if: you are interested in a vocationally focused course that gives you practical experience and theoretical understanding in a number of media products.
You'll need: five or more GCSEs ar grade C or above including English and mathematics.
You'll learn: through a range of assignments and projects that will be assessed throughout the course.
Expect: to gain skills in music, video and television production, and stop-motion animation.
You'll love: learning the skills and techniques you'll need for a career in the creative media industries, from communication to research and pre-production.
You'll go onto: employment in the industry, or university study such as our HND in Media Production or HND in Games Design for Industry.
The level 3 certifictae is the first year of a two year subsidiary diploma.
The level 3 certificate is the first year of a two year subsidiary diploma.
The BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Creative Media Production gives you the opportunity to study a range of units including:
- Music Video Production where we will look at the purpose of music video and styles and conventions
- Television and Video Studies where you will look at media ownership issues and debates and learn analytical approaches to media products
- Stop-motion Animation in which you will be creating your own animations
- Communication Skills for Creative Media Production where you will be asked to create reports and debate media issues
- Pre-production Techniques for the Creative Media Industries where you will be creating the production materials for your own media products
- Research Techniques for Creative Media Industries where you will be using research techniques to research and plan media products.
During the course you will be using specialist camera equipment and editing software to make your own media products, as well as having access to our own TV studio. You will also gain understanding of key concepts and media theory which you will be applying to a range of media products. This course will equip you with the practical and analytical skills needed to study media at HE and can be studied alongside other A-levels.
This is a coursework-based course which is assessed in units, and you will be expected to work on projects outside of class time
Applicants for this course should have 5 GCSEs grade C or above. Please enquire if you are at all unsure as to your suitability, the course manager will be happy to discuss the course and its content with you.
PLEASE NOTE It is now a Government requirement that for any course in college if you have not already gained C grade for English and maths, working towards this will form part of your Programme of Study.
Upon successful completion of this course it is a useful stepping stone for anyone contemplating a career in TV or journalism. Many degree courses in film and television will not accept students who have not studied Media at this level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cornwall College directly.