Health and Social Care - Applied A Level at Barton Peveril Sixth Form College
- GCSEs to include a C in Maths and English Language
- Minimum GCSE point score required for this course: 5.1
- A broad-based qualification providing both an academic and a vocational perspective on health, social care, early years care and education
- Ideal preparation for degree level courses such as nursing, midwifery, primary teaching, social work and occupational therapies
- Examinations form at least 33% of each qualification.
Applied A Level Health and Social Care is a vocationally-focused academic course offering the chance to obtain a qualification that meets your individual aptitudes and interests. Throughout the course you will develop and sustain an interest in health, early years care and education, social care and issues affecting the care sector in your class lessons and through guest talks. You will be expected to keep up to date with current news stories relating to the NHS, social care and child care. In your practical work, you will develop skills that will enable you to make an effective contribution to the care sector including skills of research, evaluation and problem solving in a work-related context. Sociology and Psychology combine well with this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Barton Peveril Sixth Form College directly.