Drama and Theatre Studies A Level at Twynham School
This course focuses on working with plays from the point of view of a director, a designer, a performer and a critic. The qualification is designed to enable students to acquire a knowledge and understanding of the language of Drama and Theatre as well as to develop their performing and analytical skills. This course combines well with any other Arts subject, English, Music, Dance, Psychology, Sociology, History and Media Studies.
This qualification has the support of higher education institutions as a specialist qualification for Drama and Theatre related courses. Equally it provides a worthwhile experience for students wishing to use it as part of the entry requirements into other subject areas. It is a very useful qualification for students wishing to pursue a career that involves communication, leadership and people-oriented skills.
- Unit 1 - Exploration of Drama and Theatre: study of two plays and practitioners assessed by practical exploration and coursework/review submission
- Unit 2 - Theatre Text in Performance: two externally assessed practical performances (one Play, one monologue or duologue)
- Unit 3 - Exploration of Dramatic Performance: internally assessed devised practical performance and coursework submission
- Unit 4 - Theatre Text in Context: written examination based on Ancient Greek Comedy and Shakespeare
Essential Entry Requirements:
- Grade B or above at GCSE in Drama or Performing Arts
- A minimum of 4 ‘B’ grades and 2 ‘C’ grades to include C or above in English and Mathematics
- Experience of extra-curricular Drama is essential
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Twynham School directly.