Instructing Exercise and Health (Gym) - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Easton & Otley College
The Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness is designed for those individuals who are either already employed in the fitness industry and wish to gain new knowledge and skills or who are looking to enter the industry and further develop their knowledge and skills to progress within the sector.
Delivery is through teaching, support and assessment direct into the workplace
The framework is also suitable for those wishing to change career after having worked in a different sector.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 2 Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness (REPS)
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (REPS)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
- Level 2 Award in Employer Awareness in Active Leisure
- First Aid
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Programming to motivate and retain clients
- Principles of Fitness
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Safe and effective planning, delivery and review of exercise sessions
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 2 vocational qualification.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Apprentices successfully completing the Intermediate Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by developing a career in Personal Training or Leisure Management and/or progressing on to an Advanced Apprenticeship in Personal Training.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.