Applied Science BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Barking Abbey School
3 A Level Equivalent
13 Units to be completed over 2 years
Topics covered are wide and varied – Also a placement in the Science Industry of your choice is offered.
The course develops your practical skills – Pupils by the end will design their own experiments and carry out investigations within their own time frames. It will prepare students for Applied Science based University courses or other practical courses. Students must be hard working and organised to meet deadlines. Regular assessments will also be given to ensure understanding of work covered.
The Topics These may be subject to change due to a new syllabus starting September 2016.
- Unit 1 - Scientific Principles
- Unit 2 - Laboratory Organisation
- Unit 3 - Workplace Practice
- Unit 4 - Role of the Science Technician
- Unit 5 - Scientific Method
- Unit 6 - Industrial Applications of Chemical Reactions
- Unit 7 - Energy Changes, Sources and Applications
- Unit 8 - Data Analysis (Field Trip)
- Unit 9 - Electrical Circuits and their Industrial Applications
- Unit 10 - ICT and Laboratory Management Systems
- Unit 11 - Organic Chemistry
- Unit 12 - Human Physiology
Minimum of CC in Double Science and B/C in Maths
Minimum of C in English
Industry, Teaching, Pharmaceutical, Science, Bio-medicine, IT, Computer Science, Psychology
For more information contact Mr Adebayo
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Barking Abbey School directly.