English Language & Literature A Level (AS/A2) at The Bicester School
- English Language and Literature A-Level allow students the opportunity to combine both the study of literary texts as well as the study of linguistics.
- This course offers the opportunity to carry out close analysis of texts with a specific focus on how language operates.
- Students will gain a technical and linguistic vocabulary which will allow them to closely analyse how language works and creates meaning.
- This course is an excellent choice for those students who have enjoyed studying both English literature and English language at GCSE, and who are just as interested in studying non‐fiction as they are fiction.
- Classes will take the form of seminars which means that students will need to come to lessons having read ahead and are prepared to share their thoughts, opinions and questions.
- Discussion will be a major part of lessons so it is important they students are willing to talk about their ideas in front of others.
- In addition to this, this course will develop and enhance written expression and fluency.
- This A-Level ultimately demonstrates a questioning mind and excellent communication skills.
- English Lit/Lang offers transferrable skills which are recognised and valued by universities and employers alike.
5 A*‐C at GCSE including English and Maths. Students must have achieved a C grade in GCSE English Language and English Literature.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Bicester School directly.