Hair and Beauty Therapy VCT Level 2 at Wolsingham School
Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy has been and remains an extremely popular vocational area that many young people are enthused by and aspire too. The aim of this qualification is to use the hair and beauty sector as a vehicle to develop learners more broadly, so they are prepared and equipped with the knowledge, understanding and skills to pursue a career in any context.
UV21578: Understanding the Hair and Beauty sector
UV21579: Hair and Beauty research project
UV21580: Enterprise in the Hair and Beauty sector
UV21581: Marketing Hair and Beauty products and services
UV21582: Hair and Beauty science
UV21583: Responding to a Hair and Beauty design brief
This qualification uses a grading model of Not Yet Achieved, Pass, Merit, Distinction, Distinction* (P/M/D/D*) which will improve student motivation and provide challenge, distinguish between levels of student achievement and ensure sufficient rigour in assessments.
Through undertaking this qualification learners will also develop a range of transferable skills including:
- Critical thinking and being reflective on self-performance and work produced
- Use of initiative, planning and researching skills, self management, self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Innovation and creativity
- Application of knowledge and understanding to real life examples and businesses
- Problem solving
- Communication skills - verbal, written and visual.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wolsingham School directly.