Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 Apprenticeship at Aurelia Training Limited
This qualification is intended for those who work as a Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant in Primary, Secondary and Special schools. It is designed to expand on and reinforce the appropriate working practices of those who support the educational and personal development of children and young people in school settings. It is a work based qualification which will allow learners to develop knowledge, understanding and skills essential for working effectively in the school environment.
This award is a nationally recognised qualification validated by Edexcel, and includes a wide range of study units to select from. Units are chosen to reflect the specific job role of each candidate resulting in a tailor-made qualification to meet individual needs.
To achieve this qualification, candidates must achieve a total of 44 credits by completing a variety of units. 32 credits are gained through completion of the 11 mandatory units:
Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults (2 credits)
· Develop Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults (2 credits)
· Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings (3 credits)
· Promote Children and Young People’s Positive Behaviour (3 credits)
· Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People (2 credits)
· Schools as Organisations (3 credits)
· Support Assessment for Learning (4 credits)
· Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety (2 credits)
· Support Learning Activities (4 credits)
· Understand Child and Young Person Development (4 credits)
· Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People (3 credits)
Additional optional units are selected to make up the remaining 12 credits for this qualification, each of which are worth between 2 and 6 credits. Learners will attend regular workshops to complete units and monitor and discuss progress. In addition, candidates will be expected to complete tasks, source evidence and have workplace observations.
· A Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF) · Opportunity to do further courses
· Improved opportunities for career progression
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Aurelia Training Limited directly.