Floristry Intermediate Apprenticeship at Derby College
You will be provided with a foundation in a broad range of skills required to work competently within the floristry industry. Practical skills will be mostly practised and developed in the workplace while theoretical background knowledge will be taught and reviewed mainly at College.
The apprenticeship includes:
- The Level 2 Diploma in Work-based Floristry
- Independent assessment of a knowledge-based element for four units
- Key Skills: Application of Number Level 1, Communication Level 1
- Additional employer requirements: Emergency First Aid and an additional optional unit from the Level 2 Floristry suite of units or Floristry Skills competition work
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
You must be in employment and be committed to a career in the floristry industry. You will undergo an initial assessment before starting the programme to ensure that you are capable of achieving the outcomes and have an interest in this area of work. Although there are no specific entry requirements, it would be an advantage to have a Level 1 qualification in Floristry or GCSEs/A-levels.
Training is largely work-based with ongoing practical assessments undertaken in your workplace. You will keep a portfolio of evidence of your practical ability and theoretical understanding and your progress will be regularly reviewed and assessed.
You could progress to the:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
- Diploma in Work-based Floristry Level 3
- City & Guilds Level 3 Extended Diploma in Floristry
You could also advance your career in the floristry industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derby College directly.