Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship Level 2 at New College Nottingham
ncn offers a range of Apprenticeships in motor vehicle and through a unique partnership with Vertu Motors PLC, you will complete your college-based activity on site within a real commercial environment with a team of specialist tutors and assessors.
Learn while you work in a professional garage environment. You'll learn about the theory side of the motor industry through to practical training in a commerial car garage. You'll cover things such as running diagnostic checks, checking for faults
and fixing them, plus delivering great customer service.
If you like to get your hands dirty and have an enthusiasm for cars, this Apprenticeship could be for you.
Your apprenticeship will consist of the following:
- NVQ Level 2
- Technical Certificate Level 2
- Key Skills in Application of number Level 1
- Key Skills in Communication Level 1
- Key Skills in Information and Communication Technology Level 1
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
You'll cover areas such as the servicing and repair of motor vehicles, braking systems, lighting systems, suspension systems, steering systems, electrical systems, basic motor vehicle engineering skills and industrial skills.
The selection process will include a basic initial assessment and an interview during which your suitability, commitment and interest for the course will be determined.
All students must have the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A-D including English, Maths and Science (with one at grade C)
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Automotive Qualifications
- Level 2 Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Award/Certificate
- Level 2 / Level 3 Management Qualifications
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact New College Nottingham directly.