Public Services Level Three BTEC 90-Credit Diploma at East Riding College
This is a practical, work-related qualification, which is equivalent to two A-levels. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. As well as learning about the uniformed public services, you will develop the skills you needed to embark on your chosen career. The course offers an engaging programme and gives you the opportunity to identify a career on successful completion of the course or go on to higher education.
- Leadership and teamwork in public services
- Government policies and the public services
- Leadership and teamwork
- Understanding discipline in public services
- Fitness testing and trainingfor the public services
- Physical preparation, health and lifestyle for the public services
- Skills for outdoor and adventurous expeditions
- Planning and management of major incidents
- Responding to emergency service incidents
- Command and control
- BTEC Level Two Extended Certificate in Public Services at merit level or above
- Four GCSEs at grades A* to C (including English)
- Successful interview demonstrating motivation and commitment to the course
- An initial assessment
Assessment is based on the completion of assignment work and observation of tasks and activities.
This course will give you an insight into careers such as the emergency services, the armed forces, HM Coastguard and other uniformed public services. You could progress on to the Level Three BTEC Extended Diplomas in Uniformed or Non-Uniformed Public Services or if you wish to enter higher education you could take our Level Four BTEC Higher National Certificate/Diploma in Public Services
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.