Sport L1 Certificate at North Lindsey College
This course is for those wanting a career in the sport and leisure industry. The course aims to teach all the necessary skills and attributes required for working in a sport, fitness, leisure and recreation environment.
To gain the award learners will complete the following units:
- Participating in sport
- Working safely in sport
- Understanding the active leisure and learning sector
- Leading a healthy lifestyle
- Recognising opportunities for participating in leisure
- Assist in the planning delivery and evaluation of sporting activities - improving personal exercise and fitness
- People skills in the sport and leisure industry
You will need a minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade E or higher, typically to include Maths & English, or the successful completion of an entry 3 programme, with some Maths and English qualifications.
Your competence will be tested through a practical assessment, short assignments and a portfolio of evidence.
Upon successful completion of the course, along with a satisfactory reference from the tutor, students can progress onto Level 2 Diploma in Exercise & Fitness or Level 1/2 Uniformed Services or seek employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.