Geography at Moorlands Sixth Form College
The aim of the course is to develop skilled and sucessful geographers. The specification covers a wide range of contemporary themes and issues so students can underand the world around us and what could impact its future.
- Dynamic landscapes - tectonic processes and hazards, landscape systems, processes and change. Choice of either; glacial landscapes and change or coastal landscapes and change.
- Dynamic places - globilization, shaping palces and a choice of either; regenerating places or diverse places.
- Fieldwork - 4 days minimum
- Physical systems and sustainability - the water cycle and water insecurity, the carbon cycle and energy security
- Human systems and geopolitics - superpowers, global development and connections and then choice of health, human rights and intervention or migration, identity and sovereignty
Minimum of 5 higher grades at GCSE including English and maths.
It is an advantage to have achieved a grade B at GCSE; however candidates without prior knowledge could be accepted.
Examination and coursework
In the past students have gone onto careers in : Quantity Surveying, Urban Planning, Teaching, HM Forces and the Environment Agency, to name just a few.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Moorlands Sixth Form College directly.