Childcare Level 1 at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
This qualification is designed to stimulate interest and encourage the learners’ understanding of the skills and knowledge needed to care for young children.
Begin your career within the early years and childcare sector, develop your confidence and skills and gain the knowledge to progress further.
What will I study?
- Understand how children grow and develop
- How to plan your next steps
- Communication with children
- English and maths
- Forest schools
- Healthy lifestyles
What are the entry requirements?
You will be required to have a clear DBS check and provide two positive references.
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Maths/English - exams
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01909 504500 for advice and guidance
What can I progress to?
On completion of the course and the relevant qualification in English and maths, you may be able to progress on to our Level 2 Childcare qualification.
Why study here?
- As part of the course, you will improve your employability skills
- You will be involved in competitions
- We have links with many different Early Year’s settings
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.