Hairdressing VRQ Diploma Level 1 at Weston College
This is course is aimed at providing an insight into the hairdressing industry. Training as a hairdresser is a rewarding experience; you need to be highly motivated and have an interest in the fashion industry. This study programme has been specifically designed to develop your knowledge and practical skills through the study of a variety of optional units and the following mandatory units.
- Introduction to the hair and beauty industry
- Presenting a professional image
- The art of dressing hair
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- Create a hair and beauty image
- Colour hair using a temporary colour
- Salon reception duties
- Create and maintain retail displays
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Styling woman’s hair
- Follow health and safety practices.
You will further develop your knowledge and apply the skills you have learned through working in a real life commercial salon and attending work placements throughout the year. In addition, tutorial support, personal and social development, and Maths and English development are fundamental elements of this study programme and will be embedded into your vocational learning. If you do not have a grade C in Maths and/or English you will attend a discrete GCSE or Functional skills class as part of your weekly timetable.
There are no specific entry requirements for this study programme however you must demonstrate a commitment to learning and ambition to succeed.
We will assess you all through the year with online tests, practical work, assignments and projects. You will also have an online gradebook that you will keep up-to-date and manage targets that your tutor sets you throughout the year.
- Women’s Hairdressing, Diploma, Level 2
- Hair and Media Make-up, Diploma, Level 2
- Barbering Studies, Diploma
- Hairdressing, intermediate Apprenticeship, Level 2
A career such as an assistant hairdresser or receptionist in a salon.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Weston College directly.