Business Admini stration Advanced Apprenticeship at Amersham and Wycombe College
If you are over the age of 16, an Advanced Apprenticeship allows you to gain a nationally recognised qualification whilst working in paid employment. The programme will last approximately 15 months and to commence the Advanced Apprenticeship you will have experience of working in a business administration environment and will have some responsibility in your position.
Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration
You will complete a supporting qualification to ensure you have the required knowledge to work in your chosen sector. For this part of the programme you will complete assignments for each unit.
• Principles of personal responsibilities and how to develop and evaluate own performance at work – 4 credits
• Principles of working with and supervising others in a business environment – 3 credits
• Principles of managing information and producing documents in a business environment – 4 credits
• Principles of providing and maintaining administrative services – 4 credits
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration
You will need to achieve a minimum value of 40 credits as follows:
• Manage own performance in a business environment - level 3 – 3 credits
• Evaluate and improve own performance in a business environment – 3 credits
• Work in a business environment - level 3 – 4 credits
• Communicate in a business environment - level 3 – 3 credits
Plus a further 27 credits from the optional units listed in the standards.
You will also achieve Personal Learning and Thinking skills which will be embedded into the qualifications above.
If you do not hold the relevant GCSE grades in Maths, English and ICT, you will complete a total of 3 functional skills tests in:
• Maths Level 2
• English Level 2
• ICT Level 2
On completion of the three elements above you will be accredited with an Advanced Apprenticeship Certificate.
You will need to be employed for at least 30 hours per week in the vocational area you wish to complete your apprenticeship in. You must not hold a level 4 qualfication or higher.
Your Advanced Apprenticeship Qualification may enable you to progress to the following qualifications and you may be able to gain credit
for the work you have already done.
• NVQ Administration Level 4
• NVQ Management Diploma Level 5
• Foundation Degree
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Amersham and Wycombe College directly.