Art and Design UAL Level 1 Diploma at North Hertfordshire College
Our creative arts courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience in the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like Clothes Show live and the Royal Opera House
- Designing and making cardboard shelters and pavilions for a large installation in the atrium (art and design students)
- Design and showing outfits at The Clothes Show (fashion students)
- Opportunities to work on collaborative projects with hair and beauty, dance, performing arts.
Art and design: you’ll explore and develop your creativity while learning essential art, design and media skills. You’ll gain both practical and theoretical skills in the key areas of two and three dimensional design, such as fashion, textiles, graphic design, sculpture and product design. Alongside this, your ability and experience of painting, drawing, research and reflection will be continually developed throughout the course.
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Model making
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. We’ll use your interview – including a review of your previous work – to make sure it’s the right course for you.
This course is assessed through assignments, projects and practical tests. You’ll only sit exams if you’re also doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
If you are over 18, please speak to a client advisor.
Possible charges for any trips, visits, materials and uniform if required offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance. Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact Student Services for more information.
Having successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to progress to:
- Level 2 courses including the diploma in art and design
- Paid employment in the sector.
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.