Uniformed Services NCFE Level 3 Diploma at Preston's College
This qualification provides an opportunity to explore public service areas of employment. You will focus on one service during the qualification and leadership in the other services.
Units of study:
– Prepare for employment to a chosen uniformed service
– Physical fitness
– Leadership skills
– Legal implications of physical actions
– Advanced map reading and navigation across open country
– Assist in planning and leading adventurous activities
– Prepare for emergency situations
You need five GCSE’s (or equivalent) at A*-C grade. A GCSE at grade C in either English or maths with a minimum grade D for the other subject. Alternatively, a Level 2 in public services at merit grade or above and an interview.
Assessment is through a portfolio of evidence.
Successful completion of this course may lead to entry on to the Public Services Level 3 Extended Diploma and will considerably enhance your prospects of gaining public services employment.
The qualification is relevant to the following careers:
– Fire Service
– Armed forces
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Preston's College directly.