Light Vehicle Service and Repair - Motorcycle Level Two Intermediate Apprenticeship at East Riding College
The intermediate apprenticeship is for people working as light vehicle or motorcycle service technicians who carry out routine maintenance and inspections including servicing, repairing and replacing faulty parts and maintaining records.
- Contributing to workplace good housekeeping
- Ensuring your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Maintaining positive working relationships
- Carrying out routine maintenance
- Removing and replacing engine units and components
- Removing and replacing auxiliary electrical units and components
- Removing and replacing chassis units and components
- Conducting pre and post-work vehicle inspections
- Removing and replacing transmission and driveline units and components
Good grade GCSE in maths, science and english, you must be working in an appropriate job. Initial assessment and successful tutor interview. Call us for details of the entry requirements of the apprenticeship you're interested in. East Riding College does advertise some apprenticeships with a job attached on behalf of employers. Go to www.eastridingcollege.ac.uk/apprenticeships for details.
The course is assessed through observation, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence.
Further training following an intermediate apprenticeship could be an advanced apprenticeship or other level three course and following an advanced apprenticeship could be higher education, an NVQ level four or a foundation degree.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.