Brickwork Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Farnborough College of Technology
The training programme is intended for new or existing staff working in a trowel occupations (brickwork) environment.
How is the training delivered?
The NVQ Diploma is achieved through the creation of a site diary including workplace evidence and supported by on site assessments. Apprentices also attend Aldershot College once a week to learn the knowledge required to do the job, and to develop their skills. In addition, there are regular progress monitoring and support visits to the workplace.
What does the Apprenticeship cover?
The programme covers a range of practical skills and underpinning knowledge and includes the following five components:
1. NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations (Level 2): optional units to meet business needs
- Health, Safety & Welfare in construction and associated industries
- Understand information, quantities and communications with others
- Understanding construction technology
- Erect masonry structures
- Set out masonry structures
Optional Units (choose 1)
- Erect masonry cladding
- Lay domestic drainage
- Erect thin joint masonry structures
- Place and finish non-specialist concrete
- Plaster and render surfaces
- Maintain slate and tile roofing
- Repair & maintain masonry structures
2. Technical Certificate: Diploma in Bricklaying (Level 2)
3. Functional Skills: English & Maths Level 1
4. Employment Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
5. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
The entry criteria are staff aged 16 and over with GCSEs A*-D in Maths and English. GCSE’s will be considered along with the results of an initial assessment.
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity. 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce. Apprenticeships enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.