Children & Young People's Workforce Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Farnborough College of Technology
This training programme is mainly delivered and assessed in the workplace. There are also regular off the job workshops held at Farnborough College of Technology.
What does the Apprenticeship cover?
The programme covers a broad range of topics required in the care of children, and includes the following four components:
1. Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce (Level 2):
- Contribute to the support of the child & young person development
- Managing paediatric illness and injury
- Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children & young people
- Understand partnership working in services for children & young people
- Paediatric emergency first aid
- Introduction to personal development in children’s & young people’s settings
- Introduction to communication in children’s & young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in children’s & young people’s settings
- Child & young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children & young people
- Maintain and support relationships with children & young people
- Support children & young people’s positive behaviour
Further optional units will need to be completed to achieve this qualification.
2. Functional Skills: English, Maths and ICT Level 1
3. Employment Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
4. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
The training programme is intended for new or existing staff working under supervision in a child care setting. The entry criteria are staff aged 16 and over with GCSEs A*-C in Maths and English. GCSE’s will be considered along with the results of an initial assessment. This is a rolling programme.
This is a rolling programme and training is mainly delivered and assessed in the workplace.
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity, and enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.