Sport BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma at Vyners School
The BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Sport will enable progression to Higher Education as part of a programme of study which includes other vocational or general subjects such as other BTEC Nationals or A Levels.
An Applied General qualification for Post-16 learners who want to continue their education through applied learning and who aim to progress to higher education and ultimately to employment, probably in the sports sector.
- Unit 1 - Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 2 - Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
- Unit 3 - Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Unit 4 - Sports Leadership
and three Optional units chosen by staff which could be:
- Application of Fitness Testing
- Sports Psychology
- Practical Sports Performance
- Coaching for Performance
- Research Methods in Sport
- Sports Event Organisation
- Research Project in Sport
C in English Language or in English Literature.
These will be done in a variety of ways:
- Assignment—set and marked internally
- Task—set and marked by Pearson
- Written exam—set and marked by Pearson.
Each unit is graded as a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Sport will enable progression to Higher Education as part of a programme of study which includes other vocational or general subjects such as other BTEC Nationals or A Levels.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vyners School directly.