Electrical Installation - Level 3 at South Devon College
During this Electrical Installation apprenticeship you will learn a variety of skills, both practical and theoretical. You will learn about about the scientific principles involved in the production and distribution of electricity in theory sessions, as well as up-to-date rules, regulations and methods of installation. In practical sessions you will learn about different cable types, a variety of wiring methods and how to terminate all cable types. Testing and inspection of your electrical installation will also be extensively covered, with 17th Edition, AM2 and an ECS Card also included in your programme.
What will I learn?
- Health and Safety
- Environmental legislation
- Planning, preparing and installing wiring systems
- Terminating and connecting conductors
- Inspecting, testing and commissioning electrical and building systems
- Fixing and cables and cords
- Core English and maths
- You will be required to have achieved Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to have achieved English at Level 1
- You will need to have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths and English
- You will be required to carry out an aptitude test
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.