Legal Secretaries Level 3 ILEX Certificate at Hertford Regional College
This course provides an opportunity for students to cover all aspects of the skills and knowledge required to carry out secretarial and administrative tasks within a legal environment. These qualifications have been designed by the Institute of Legal Secretaries (CILEX) with City & Guilds. They aim to enhance the underpinning knowledge and understanding of the various requirements of those administrative tasks with a vocational and practical application of technical skills, administrative competence and communication skills.
- You will be studying Working in the Legal Environment which helps you learn how to run an office.
- You will learn about the diffierent departments of a solicitor's office and how to do legal audio and legal word processing.
- Throughout the duration of the course you will be developing your typing and proofreading skills as well as developing an understanding of the legal language and the key documents used within the various departments of a solicitor's office.
200 GCSE entry points, which must include English Language and maths at grade A - C.
Assessment is continuous throughout the course for the units, based on internally moderated exams. The Proofreading assessment is through an externally assessed exam.
Business Administration Framework (Level 2 Legal Secretaries is recognised as the Technical Certificate by the Council for Adminisration).
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
The qualifications and experience you gain on this course will enable you to:
- Obtain a post as an Office Junior, Receptionist, Junior Administrator, Assistant to a Legal Executive or Assistant to a Personal Assistant in the general office or legal environment
- Apply for an apprenticeship NVQ Level 2 in Administration part-time whilst in employment
- Progress onto the CILEX Certificate Level 3 in Law and Practice
You will be required to find your own placement for a duration of one week. Your eligibility for work placement/experience is based on at least 90% attendance.
What will I need?
Appropriate smart workplace attire eg a suit for your work placement and college events, a memory stick, dictionary and personal stationery.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.