Biology at Poole Grammar School
You will study:
- Cells, Exchange and Transport
- Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health
- Practical Skills in Biology 1
- Communication, Homeostasis and Energy
- Control, Genomes and the Environment
- Skills in Biology 2
Skills and aptitudes required
- Show understanding of specific biological facts, terminology, concepts and practical techniques.
- Show understanding of ethical, social, economic, environmental and technological implications and applications.
- Select, organise and present relevant information clearly and logically using appropriate vocabulary.
- Explain and interpret phenomena and effects in terms of biological concepts, presenting arguments and ideas.
Places on AS Level courses can, subject to available places, normally be offered to applicants who meet the minimum course requirements. These are usually based on the applicant’s best 8 GCSE results, including English and Mathematics, with a minimum of 344 points, with an A* A or B grade in the subjects chosen - or a related discipline, if appropriate (in Mathematics, the minimum grade of B must be at Higher Tier).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Poole Grammar School directly.